Thursday, November 28, 2013

Natasha Scott Falber Died After Using Tampons

Menstruation is a marker if a teenage girl has entered adulthood. But who would have thought a teenager Daily Mail, Natasha Scott Falber a 14 years old girl fell ill at her home, Caerwent, Wales, UK. Initially, the family thought that Natasha got sick because of norovirus infection, the virus that causes gastrointestinal infection and lead to the sufferer vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain. But unexpectedly five days later or precisely on Valentine's Day, Natasha died.
Natasha Scott Falberdied while wearing her first tampons since a rare infection that is almost never known. As quoted from

Natasha died because of 'toxic shock syndrome', one of which turned out to be a bacterial infection that attacks only 40 people per year in the UK. The infection is caused by Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus bacteria are harmless and live in the skin but suddenly invade the bloodstream and produce dangerous toxins. Although extremely dangerous, patients 'toxic shock syndrome' is often mistakenly diagnosed as symptoms are almost the same as other diseases.

Other symptoms of high fever, sudden, blood pressure drops dramatically, causing dizziness and confused, as well as vomiting and diarrhea. The most notable symptom of this syndrome is very rare thus found is a skin rash like sunburn, the white of the eye that turns red or pink and faded skin, especially on the palms of the hands and feet of one-two weeks after falling ill.

Biggest risk than experienced women who are menstruating, especially when wearing a bandage, the woman who recently gave birth to or use of certain contraceptives like the diaphragm is also most at risk of developing this syndrome.